The Holy Trinity School provides our youngest students with an age-appropriate, faith-based, academic program supporting the whole child while fostering a sense of community for the entire family. Family masses are held on Holy Days, and students participate in monthly para-liturgies in Holy Trinity Church.
The educational needs of the students are met through a curriculum devised to provide quality education for the young child in a developmentally-appropriate and nurturing Catholic environment. Teachers focus on developing the individual strengths of each child, while simultaneously developing the skills necessary for a successful transition to the elementary years at Holy Trinity School at our school in Westfield.
PreK-4, PreK-3, and 2 Year Olds
Students as young as two years old begin to develop a life-long love of learning in a classroom that is staffed with a certified teacher and an aide. The Pre K curriculum in PreK 3 emphasizes language development, reading and math readiness skills, art awareness, social development, and follows the tenets of the Catholic Church.
PreK 4 continues with the curriculum put forth by the Archdiocese of Newark and it includes experiential learning with a balanced approach of center based learning combined with a strong emphasis on reading and math readiness skills. Children in our program receive weekly special instruction in music, library, creative movement, and Spanish.
Both indoor and outdoor play are an integral part of the curriculum for our Early Childhood Program. We offer a safe, well-equipped and maintained outdoor play space, as well as green space for outdoor games and exercise. On rainy days we utilize our newly refurbished gym to promote physical exercise and cooperative play.
The philosophy of our kindergarten program at Holy Trinity is to provide an opportunity for each child to grow and develop through his or her achievement in religion, reading, and math. We believe in the importance of helping each child build a good self-image and develop his or her own sense of worth in the world. Stages of development can be enriched, but not accelerated. Although the children are entering kindergarten at various levels of development, we are proud to accommodate all students in our full day, academic kindergarten program.
Our program offers activities intended to enhance listening skills, pre-reading and reading skills, math skills, and awareness of our Catholic faith. Our learning program includes:
- Art projects using a variety of tactile materials
- Print capital and lowercase letters
- Number concepts 0 – 20
- Counting 1 – 100
- Opposites; rhyming words
- Speaking and communication skills
- Relationships of objects (color, size, shape, position)
- Addition and subtraction
- Recognize beginning & final letter sounds and medial vowel sounds
- Address, telephone number, birthday
- Day of the week, months, special holidays
- Science concepts
- Social studies topics
- Speaking and communication skills
- Special classes weekly in art, music, library, and Spanish
It is hoped that students beginning their early learning continue their education through elementary and middle school, embarking on an educational journey in the tradition of the Catholic School system that has served Westfield and the surrounding communities for over 100 years.
A strong Catholic, faith-based and academic program dedicated to educating the whole child
- A caring faculty who are N.J. State Certified and highly experienced in Early Childhood Education
- Specialized teachers provide instruction in art, music, creative movement, library, and Spanish
- Classroom teachers and aides who utilize the latest in educational technology, including computers, Smart Boards, and iPads
- Enrichment activities offered after school including cooking, science, art, literature, and sports games
- Beautiful grounds available for outdoor play
- Family involvement in all areas of school life, including monthly para-liturgies, family Masses, holiday celebrations, and school trips
- Valet drop-off and pick-up offered daily