The 2017-18 Issue #30 HTS Weekly Announcements and Flyers are included below.
Important this week is that every family is being asked to sell at least 10 raffle tickets as part of the HSA 50/50 $10,000 fund-raiser. And please remember the deadline for grocery cards is May 16. See more details below on both things and much more.
As always, please share this email with your spouse as appropriate.
2017-18 #30 HTS Weekly Announcements and Flyers dated 05/10/18
IMPORTANT: Grocery Cards Deadline!
This is the last week to purchase your Grocery/Gift Cards for this school year. As indicated on the Annual Tuition and Fees Policy for Holy Trinity School, each family must participate in the Grocery/Gift Card Program either by purchasing cards through HTS or opting to pay a non-refundable buy-out fee. This program is a significant source of fundraising for our school. Any family can purchase cards in person at the Mountainside Campus on Wednesdays from 8:45 a.m. to 9:15 am. Westfield Campus families’ orders must be received by Tuesdays at 2:30 p.m. to be filled on Thursdays. Please note that the remaining gift card purchase OR the buyout (10% of the remaining balance) must be made by Wednesday, May 16, 2018. If your family has any extenuating circumstances as to why you can not fulfill this obligation, please speak personally with Sister Maureen or Mrs. Lewis by May 11. If payment is not received by May 16, any unpaid buyout or buyout balance will be added to your FACTS account on May 24 for withdrawal/charge on June 1.
Standardized Test Note
Please note this Iowa Assessment letter from Barbara Dolan also being sent home this week.
May is a busy Month.
Here is a run-down with updated dates. For any questions always defer to online calendar on the front page of the school website.
- HSA Volunteer Reception, Wednesday, May 16, 7:30 pm WC Music Room
- Spring Concert – Thursday, May 17, 2018
- HT Track and Field Meet – Saturday, May 19, 2018 at
St. Joe’s in Metuchen. For more information contact Julia Grimes email@example.com
- Early Dismissal – Monday, May 21, 2018 12:30pm
- Evening of Art & Music – Tuesday, May 22, 2018
@ 7 pm WC
- No School – Friday, May 25 & Monday May 28.
- Sports Awards Dinner – Tuesday, June 5, 2018, 6:30-10 pm at Gran Centurions in Clark
Order forms went home last week. Please note that you can order at flynnohara.com/school/NJ293, visit the store at 2145 Route 35, Holmdel, NJ 07733 or order by phone at 800-441- 4122.
Volunteer Recognition and Fair
The Volunteer Recognition & Fair will be held Wednesday, May 16, at 7:30 p.m. It’s an opportunity to thank all the volunteers for their dedication and time this year. It is also where parents can check out and sign-up for volunteer positions for next school year. All are welcome and we hope that you will stop in and join us.
At this point all families should have received ticket booklets for the Super 50/50, the HSA’s last fund-raiser of the year. Each family is being asked to sell at least 2 booklets (10 raffle tickets) so we can achieve our profit goal of $10,000. Checks for tickets should be made payable to “HolyTrinity School – HSA”. All money is due to the office by Tuesday, May 29. The drawing will be held at the Wine & Cheese HSA Meeting, Wednesday, May 30, at 7:30 p.m. You need not be present to win but we hope you will be to hear about the year’s successes and raise a glass with us. For more info email Becky Klock or see her letter.
Derby Day Event Thanks!
The HSA Board would like to thank Daria Venezia, Jenifer Costello and Candice Norris on all their hard on Derby Day. We also thank all the families who donated items and participated in the event. It was a great night!
The Drama Club’s production of “…and We’re Back!” will be held Friday, May 11, and Saturday, May 12, at 7:30 p.m. in the Westfield Campus gym Attendees will receive a program which will include each actor’s picture, advertisements, and boosters. The boosters and ads in the program cover the costs of putting on the production. Boosters are a fun way to send out well wishes on their accomplishments and hard work; and, the students really enjoy receiving them. Them program becomes a great keepsake. Send in your payment to Pauline Patti c/o Giulia Patti 8A. All boosters messages should be emailed to Pauline Patti. Thank you for supporting the drama club! Tickets available for purchase on Eventbrite. For more information, email Shelley.
Also this Season on the Main Stage
Two performances of the annual school Spring Concert will be held May 17 in the Westfield Campus gym.
May Crowning Time Changed
The May Crowning will now be held at 10:30 a.m., Thursday, May 24 because of a scheduled wedding.
Students in grades K-8 will participate in the HTS STEM Expo on May 23. Students will display projects that incorporate science, technology, engineering, and math. These projects support our STEM initiative to educate 21st-century learners. Parents are invited to stop by the Westfield Campus between 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
8th Grade Sports Awards Dinner Scheduled
Save the Date for the annual Sports Award Dinner to honor 8th graders who have participated in any HTS sport. The event will take place on June 5 at 6:30 to 10 p.m. at Gran Centurions in Clark. Details coming soon.
Tuition for 2018 – 2019
The 10% non-refundable deposit was posted to your FACTS account May 1 for automatic withdrawal on June 1 (extended from May 15). The remaining tuition payments will follow the tuition payment plan you elected in FACTS. If you have any questions or concerns about FACTS, please contact Suzanne Iannelli at firstname.lastname@example.org or 908-233-0484.
- School Payments: Each family is required to set up a family account with FACTS for automatic bank account withdrawal or credit card charge for most school fees: registration, tuition, extended day care, lunch bunch, enrichment programs at MC, grocery gift card buyout balances, lunch duty fees, etc. You will be notified by email from FACTS about upcoming charges.
- Continuous Enrollment: HTS assumes your family/children will be staying at HTS through eighth grade unless you advise the office in writing/ email to the contrary. FACTS will roll over your demographic and banking information (to facilitate ongoing payments) from year to year until graduation, or until you tell HTS not to.
Garden Club Help Needed
If you like to garden, Alexis Sosinski is looking for a few parents to help freshen up the school’s gardens. Please email her if you could spare a few hours.
The Actor’s Camp, a non-profit organization, has provided tens of thousands of dollars in camp scholarships to area families over the years. The camp believes no child should miss out because of cost so if you or a family you know needs assistance to attend our camp send an email. There is no paperwork to fill out.
The Camp is Open to children aged 5 to 17. Dates are: July 2-13 and/or July 16-27. This summer the camp will feature The Wizard Of Oz, High School Musical 2, Sketch Comedy, Playmakers (create your own play), Creative Dramatics, and Scenic Design/Stage Crew. Read more online.
Holy Trinity School Camps
- Basketball Camp: Westfield Campus, with HTS parent and former player Tim Corrigan; June 18-22 from 9am to noon for K to grade 2 and 9am to 2pm for grades 3 to 8.
- Camp Get A Way: Mountainside Campus, two, 1-week programs June 11- 22.
- Summer Lego Camp: Westfield Campus with Mrs. Gribbin, 4G, from June 18 to 22.
- Summer French Camp: Westfield Campus with Mrs. Gribbin, from June 25 to 29.
- Summer Fashion Sewing Camp: July 23 to 26 with Ms. Renee.
- Kiddies Kaleidoscope Kids Camp: – Students will have a blast learning through hands-on activities featuring experiments, curated books and art while exploring lessons involving science, math, reading, geography, social studies, history, art and music. Offered for 4 weeks — choose as many as you like — June 18-22, July 2-6, July 23-27, and July 30-Aug 3.
- Christmas in July Camp: Westfield Campus with Miss Alice, offering a Christmas Crafts Palooza, from July 9 – 13
- Cooking Camp: WC with Miss Alice, offering a cooking camp, from July 16 – 20
Spanish Lessons Offered
Interested in improving your child’s Spanish level? Private lessons are available with Mrs. Juanita Borrero. You can email her or call her at (908) 941-6149
In the Community
- The 8th Annual Charity Wiffle Ball Tournament benefiting Sr. Pat’s Kids Camp will be held on Friday, May 25, starting immediately after school at Tamaques Park in Westfield. The cost is a $15 donation per player. All profits will go to Sr. Pat’s Kids Camp, a week-long summer camp experience in upstate New York for underprivileged children with cancer. Food and drinks from local stores will be available for sale, and games will be available throughout. To volunteer or if you have any questions, please email James Birle. To register for the tournament, please visit sisterpatskidscamp.org and download the sign-up sheet under the Fundraising Events tab.